At the polling rate of 30 per minute, 1,800 per hour (X2 for two poles) using our XC Signature, compared to the average high-end pole in its class, you’ll lift 2.07 fewer pounds per minute. In a 50k marathon, with a three hour average, that’s 372.6 fewer pounds to lift!
How it's Made
The United States Ski Pole Company (USSPC) was formed in 2013. We use a uniquely developed technology we call "LEP-Z Technology." With this technique, we are able to bring you some of the most elite, lightweight ski poles in the entire world. Our carbon fiber products are 100% made in the United States, which makes shipping them easier than ever. There is no middleman; they are made right here in our factory and shipped directly to you!
“LEP-Z Technology" is a specific application of carbon fiber on our custom designed molds. Each mold was carefully constructed to be identical, making consistency effortless. Our tooling technicians apply the carbon fiber to our molds, then they are cured in the oven, and then each and every pole is inspected before it moves on to the next stage.
Each pole goes through our specialized finishing machines, giving them a smooth, matte finish. Next, our in-house designed decals are applied by hand to each pole. Lastly the final inspection is performed. Our technicians flex-test each pole, visually check for imperfections and upon passing inspection, the poles are added to our order-ready inventory!
Once we receive an order, our technicians select the poles from our stock, trim them down to the desired length, and carefully apply the components. Each component is hand-assembled to order.
We use a painting process called sublimation. By choosing sublimation technology, we are able to paint 100% of the shaft any color. Also, with this technology, we are able to use gradients, metallic paints and anything else you can imagine. These paint graphics are applied manually, ensuring that each graphic is perfectly placed.
For more information on custom graphics, please visit this page.
At The United States Ski Pole Company, 100% of our finished products are made right here in the USA. We don't rely on foreign countries to make our parts, keeping your dollars right here in the local economy.
How To Use Our Straps
Our straps are cut and sewn in Northern Michigan, meaning they have less cost to ship to us and less cost to get them to you! The following is a detailed description on how to use our luxury thermal straps.
- Insert the luxury strap retainer tongue into the bottom wedge slot of the grip with the back of hand side facing towards you.
- Pull the strap retainer tongue all the way through the wedge slot.
- Insert wedge that is attached to the grip with the teeth facing towards the retainer tongue. Wedge must be pushed firmly into the grip. Channel lock pliers work well to press the wedge in. Place one jaw on the top of the wedge, the other in the slot on the grip and squeeze.
- To remove the strap, pull upward on the retainer tongue. Hold the wedge and pull the tongue back through the bottom slot.
- Your hand should be inserted from the bottom opening of the strap perpendicular with the webbing and the anchor clip should be on the back of your hand.
- Adjustments to the size are made via the anchor clip within the four size openings - small, medium, large, x-large - and the Velcro to best fir your hand.
- To adjust pry apart the anchor clip and slide it out of the opening. Re-insert the anchor into the proper opening and re-snap the clip.